How Much Difference Can Your Choice of Agent Make?
Another agent listed the empty house for 90+ days with ZERO offers, not even for a price less than $700K. Even with historically low inventory & a desirable community like Overlook. No offers with little buyer interest.
The homeowner then asked BCP to help sell the house.
- BCP fully furnished our client's empty TH for maximum visual impact to drive buyer interest and competition.
- BCP recommended a higher price with our unmatched knowledge of Overlook and the relevant TH micro-market.
The Result? Under Contract in 2 days. BCP obtained another all-time high sale price for this Overlook TH model, keeping valuations in line with comparable Cameron Station THs.
Same house, Same market environment...Different agent.
This 3 bedroom, 2 full & 2 half bath, 2-car garage, 2230 finished sq.ft. townhouse in the Overlook community in Alexandria, Virginia is now available. Please enjoy the photos and the video featurette of this beautiful home.
The features and upgrades in the house present a rarely found opportunity – A truly move-in ready home located inside the Beltway with immediate access to 395/495/95, but within a tree-lined, green-space community surrounding a Fairfax County Park.
While residents live in this Park-like setting, Overlook is also perfectly positioned for residents to reap “livability” and house valuation benefits from the forthcoming Landmark Mall redevelopment and other planned projects along the Landmark-Van Dorn Corridor.
A full description of the house features and upgrades and the Overlook community is provided below.
A detailed summary is also provided on the mixed-use redevelopment plan for Landmark Mall with Inova as the anchor client building a new Alexandria hospital and Foulger-Pratt as the local developer.
A focus on the details – both big and small – is apparent throughout, from the upgraded light fixtures to the brushed nickel hardware on every door in the house, with levers replacing knobs for a more elegant look and feel. An eye-pleasing color palette throughout the house will complement any design style preferred by the new homeowner.
- The house opens to a living room with crown molding and wainscot trim. The living room view is complemented by the upgraded entry lantern fixture which provides an elegant design feature to enjoy from throughout the main level. The three window bump out provides this space with abundant natural light, with the Plantation shutters giving the homeowner the ability to adjust light level as desired.
- The living room leads to the open kitchen, with a layout that is ready for entertaining. The kitchen has a sink on the bar top island, stainless steel appliances, granite counters, and undercabinet and cove LED lighting for both kitchen tasks and ambience. The kitchen island is sized for eating or watching the cook at work, with room for two stools.
- The kitchen is open to both a gas fireplace and room for a sitting area or a table for informal dining. The kitchen area also opens to a sunroom accessed through French doors with two walls of windows that look upon the deck and mature trees behind the house. The windows have Plantation shutters for both visual appeal and adjusting light level. This space is finished with a overhead light fixture that not only provides light to this space, but also provides an appealing design focal point viewed from the kitchen through the French doors.
- The kitchen leads to a covered deck for al fresco dining or entertaining. The house backs to mature trees that provide privacy for the main level and Owner's suite bedroom. The new homeowner can enclose the space with a back fence if so desired (allowed by the HOA).
- The Owner’s Suite bedroom is large enough to make a King-size bed look small, with a large walk-in closet and separate seating area. The bedroom opens to a deck, which offers a private space to enjoy morning coffee or an area to relax in nice weather with the mature tree view.
- The Owner’s Suite bathroom is upgraded with Moen sink and Roman tub fixtures with matching accessories and a jetted soaking tub. This bathroom has a separate water closet for privacy. The oversized window has Plantation shutters for privacy or a desired view of the mature trees.
- The 2nd bedroom is sized for a Queen bed with a double door closet and Plantation shutters on the three window bump out.
- The 3rd bedroom is currently furnished as an office, with a double door closet and Plantation shutters.
- The 2nd full bathroom upstairs is upgraded with a Moen brushed nickel faucet and matching accessories and light fixture.
- The laundry is located on the bedroom level.
- The lower level offers a large space to watch TV. The new homeowner can also set up a library or office in the bump out area.
- The lower level also has a half bathroom, which is upgraded with a new Moen faucet and matching accessories, framed mirror, and light fixture.
- All interior and exterior light fixtures have been upgraded, including the recessed lighting, which are flush profile LED lights, with adjustable light levels from warm white to daylight
- The garage is a two-car, single door model, with a separate open access storage area. The garage also has built-in cabinets to provide various storage and usage options.
- The driveway offers space for two parking spaces. Visitor parking is available diagonal from the house at the end of Split Creek, as well as at the mailboxes two doors from the house and at the other end of Split Creek.
- The HVAC is an upgraded Trane system, with Seasonal maintenance done each year since installation.
- The water heater was newly installed in March 2021.
- The house has Fios internet available for hook up.
Overlook Community Details:
Overlook is located just inside the Beltway, with immediate access to 395/495/95 . The Van Dorn Metro is located less than a 10-minute drive. Dining, shopping, recreational, and cultural options found in Washington DC, Old Town Alexandria, Arlington, and Tysons are within easy reach. A wide range of regular Life necessities are all within 10-15 minutes from Overlook. The St. James, a 450,000 sq.ft. sport, wellness, and lifestyle complex is a 10 minute drive.
Entering Overlook, you enjoy a drive up a winding, tree-lined avenue, which gives the Community a feeling of calm apart from the rush of daily Life. Overlook surrounds Fairfax County's Bren Mar Park, with its mature trees and walking trails. The green space, coupled with wide streets and greater rear separation from other houses for better privacy, are quality of Life features that are rarely found in a community located inside the Beltway. When living in Overlook, these features are yours to enjoy.
Overlook also offers its residents an outdoor pool, playgrounds, tennis/pickleball court, and access to Fios high speed internet.
The planned redevelopment projects within Alexandria's West End are located to benefit the community from their proximity. Overlook will offer its residents easy access to the shopping, dining, and entertainment amenities in these projects, yet you get to live in a Park-like setting, with a neighborhood look and feel.
Update On Alexandria West End Redevelopment Projects:
On December 22, 2020, the City of Alexandria announced the plan to redevelop Landmark Mall, with Inova as the anchor client and Foulger-Pratt as the local developer. The City’s announcement and information regarding the project can be viewed at the following links (City December, 22, 2020 press announcement, City July 6, 2021 press announcement, and Landmark Mixed Use Redevelopment 1-4-2021 Community Information Session presentation (last link is to the video posted by the City to Facebook of presentation/the presentation slides are uploaded to this property website)).
A one-page summary document identifying the project details, timeline, and budgetary information from public sources is attached to this website (see document icon at bottom of this Overview section).
Inova will build a new World-class hospital complex which will be the flagship of Inova's presence in the Washington Metro area. The hospital complex will have a:
- 230 in-patient hospital (all private rooms);
- Level II Trauma Center (1 of 3 in NoVa);
- Level III NICU;
- Comprehensive cancer care center;
- Advanced services for obstetrics, heart & vascular, & neurosciences; and
- Medical office building for 50 specialty physicians.
The new Landmark will be a community gathering place for Alexandria's West End, with residential, retail, and restaurants, 3.5 acres of public parks, a minimum of 25% open space for each block, a transit hub, and a new fire station.
- In July 2021, the City approved the Coordinated Development District (CDD) Plan for the project.
- In September 2021, the City established the Landmark Community Development Authority (CDA) to address infrastructure improvements related to the project.
- In November 2021, the City purchased the first of three land parcels for the hospital.
- In 2022, the City will purchase the remaining two land parcels and give final approval to the site plan.
- Construction is scheduled to commence in 2023, the first non-hospital buildings will be ready in 2025, and the new Inova Alexandria hospital is scheduled to open in 1st Quarter of 2028.
Apart from bringing a World-class hospital and shopping, dining, entertainment options five minutes from Overlook, the Landmark project will be a catalyst for other planned development projects that will bring additional options for livability benefits along the Landmark-Van Dorn Corridor, such as Landmark Overlook, Greenhill South, Avanti 550, and others.
Bella Casa Partners™ is an agent team of KW United Alexandria-Kingstowne. Office located in Alexandria, Virginia. 703-562-1800. Each office is independently owned and operated. If you are currently under a brokerage agreement with another agency, this is not a solicitation. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale, rental, or other disposition.
Bella Casa Partners™ is a trademark of Bella Casa Partners, LLC. The KW logo is a trademark of KELLER WILLIAMS® real estate brokerage. © 2014-2022 Bella Casa Partners, LLC. (License No. 0226031610).